sympathy for the devil
"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country.", said Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at Columbia University in September 2007.
Nothing has changed since then. Gays still live in hiding and are invisible. (if alive !!!)
So I try to portray myself as if I represent this minority.
To find out the answers to these kind of unanswerable questions in my head:
Where are all the Iranian gays? Were they executed? Were they abused and raped?
Were they victims of a forced marriage? Did they flee and seek refuge in a very open-minded country?
Did they commit suicide? Or did they simply disappear?
So where are all the Iranian gays?
Ahmad Tahmasi aka Kia was born in 1989 in Ardebil, Iran. He graduated from the Academy of Acting and Body Performance in Tehran. He migrated to Austria four years ago and trained for one year at the Academy of Applied Photography in 2019 and has been involved in photography ever since.
- 2018 Group exhibition at the Iranian Artists Forum Tehran, Iran
- 2019 Group exhibition "Reflections" at the Academy of Applied Photography Graz, Austria
- 2020 Rotterdam photo "transitions", Rotterdam
- 2020 Tate Modern tate lates #everydaydoramaar display show, London
- 2020 Group exhibition " Loneliness: stories of solitude " Berlin
- 2021 Les Boutographies Montpellier
- 2021 Photo Graz 020 Biennale der steirichen Fotokunst, Graz